Serves: 2 Time: 30 minutes
- 500g beef mince
- 3 pork sausages (or 150g pork mince)
- 1 onion, diced (½ for meatballs, ½ for sauce)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 25g grated parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic crushed (2 for meatballs, 2 for sauce)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tsp dried oregano (1 for the meatballs, one for the sauce)
- 2 tsp dried basil (1 for the meatballs, one for the sauce)
For the meatballs:
Place the beef mince into a large bowl, slice open the sausages and add the insides to the beef mince.
Add the onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, parmesan, salt, pepper, oregano and basil to the meat and mix well with your hands.
Roll into balls and place on a baking tray.
Coat with oil and place into a pre heated oven (200c) for 20-30 mins.
For the sauce:
Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat before adding the onions and garlic until soft.
Add the chopped tomatoes (using the empty can, add half a cans worth of water), salt, pepper, oregano and basil and mix well.
Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.
Serve the meatballs on top of spaghetti and sauce on top of the meatballs.
Garnish with more parmesan and fresh basil leaves.