Serves: 4 Time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 peeled, deseeded, cubed butternut squash
- 2 red apples, cored and cubed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp milk or cream (or vegan alternative)
- 400g cooked rice
- 150g kale
- 45g grated parmesan (or vegan alternative)
Heat a little oil in a large frying pan or casseroled dish on a medium high heat before adding the onions and garlic, fry for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
Add the squash and thyme and fry for 5-10 minutes until the squash is tender.
Add the kale and cooked rice the stir to combine. Mix in the milk or cream to bring everything together. cook for another 5 minutes to heat the rice through.
Add the apples and parmesan and stir a few times until the cheese has melted and combined fully.
Serve and garnish with some more parmesan and fresh thyme.