Serves: 2 Time: 30 minutes
- 250g halloumi (or vegan alternative)
- 200g green lentils
- 2 lemons, zest of 1, juice of both
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250g beetroot, cut into matchsticks
- 10g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the lentils according to the packaging. Meanwhile mix the juice of 1 lemon and the red onion in a bowl with a pinch of salt and set aside.
To make the dressing, stir together the juice of the other lemon the olive oil, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste in a measuring jug.
When the lentils are cooked, drain and pour into a large bowl along with the chickpeas, beetroot, parsley, onions and the dressing.
Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the halloumi for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Serve the halloumi on top of the beetroot salad and garnish with the lemon zest.